Monday, April 29, 2013

You don't know it...but YOU ARE AN ADDICT!

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing."   – AbrahamLincoln


Sugar and Starch Withdrawals UGH... it took me 2-3 weeks just to get over them. I know the frustration. In the beginning the food choices seem boring and tasteless because we are so used to eating amp-ted up food-like products. But sometimes we need a motivating factor outside of just food, which (as I have often heard the lovely Carrie Brown say) is a VERY emotional bond. If you have read SSOS you know the science behind the choices... maybe it is not enough. Maybe becoming more emotional about your desire to change is key. For me I found that I needed to keep researching... I wanted to know more; I needed affirmation. 

I went on to read "Rich Food, Poor Food" (the entire book, not just the information on what and what not to buy), I watched "Food Matters" and "Hungry for Change" (available streaming on Netflix), and I listen to Jonathan and Carrie's pod-casts everyday, and on Facebook I look for (and "Like") other sites that ratify my choice (e.g. I "Liked" Metabolic Effect, EAT SANE, Food Renegade, among others) . This has helped me get past the emotional (and addictive) cravings I have for inSANE foods. I am now 7 weeks into my life change and I feel free! This is what it must feel like to be a recovering/recovered addict - JOYOUS and IN CONTROL!

Clothing is no longer "tight" and some of the bigger body lumps-n-bumps have all but gone away. I am on a mission!!!  I look for new recipes to try (not all of which work out but most have been successful and YUMMY) and "pin" them. Some of the "keepers" are Almond Parmesan Squash, Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits, and Cinnamon Raisin "Rice" Pudding

I was also recently given a cookbook called "The Food Lovers - Make it Paleo," which has a GORGEOUS picture for EVERY recipe - YAY! 

So am I motivated to keep going? YES!... there is no turning back now - this is my life AND I LOVE IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment